Human Aid are currently offering:
1. Palestine Emergency Appeal
2. £360 - Gaza Doctor's Salary (One Month)
3. £240 - Gaza Nurse's Salary (One Month)
4. £100/£50 - Gaza Al-Shifa Hospital Medical Supplies
5. Palestine Zakat Fund
1.8 Million Palestinians in Gaza are counting on your support for access to basic healthcare!
Hospitals in the Gaza strip have been stretched beyond capacity. Medicine is in short supply, together with inadequate equipment, shortage of fuel and electricity.
Large-scale population displacement, shortages of water and electricity, environmental health hazards, loss of income and many more factors increased drastically the vulnerability of the majority of the population at a time when the siege on Gaza and the financial crisis of the government had already left the system on the brink of collapse.
The chronic situation of the health sector therefore is a major underlying cause for the impact of the conflict on the health system in Gaza today and unless addressed systematically a recovery of the health sector to a stronger and more resilient health system is highly unlikely.
- Poverty and unemployment continue to rise due to the siege imposed on Gaza.
- 80% of people in Gaza depend on aid to survive.
- Approximately 25% of the essential medicines and 52% of the medical disposables completely run out.
- 50% of the ambulances stopped working as a result of the lack of fuel, which further aggravated the hospitals’ mission
- 50,000 Gaza employees have not received their salaries for more than three months.
Since the conflict began, Human Aid UK has furnished the Emergency Ward at Al-Shifa. On average, it serves 13,526 Patients every month.
This project supports Doctors, Nurses and Staff along with supplying essential medical equipment from Patient Beds to Ambulances (authorised by the Ministry of Health).
Help us support the medical efforts in Gaza!
Imagine living in a land which the last Prophet (peace be upon him) has prayed to Allah to bless… Imagine living in a land where numerous Prophets and companions have lived and are buried…. A land rich in history and civilisation… Yet, you are forced to live confined, cut off from the rest of the world. Whether from the land, sea or air, hardly anything comes in…
In Arabic, Al-Shifa means healing. It is a word mentioned several times in the Quran and the Prophetic tradition. It is also the name of the main hospital in Gaza. It is where you find the men and women who are first in line to assist patients who are in excruciating pain, often suffering severe injuries.
Their resolve and selflessness are beyond words. But they lack everything: equipment, medicines, their salary isn’t even guaranteed.
Since the beginning of the collaboration between Human Aid UK & Gaza Al-Shifa Hospital, we have provided
- 2 fit for purpose ambulances
- Supported 2 doctors and 7 nurses for 7 years
- Providing ongoing medicine and necessary equipment.
- We have consecutively supported Al-Shifa Hospital and increased our support over the years and we don’t intend to slow down.